Julius Caesar Act III, Scene 2 Supreme Court
“…imaginitively deployed percussion instruments…”
“And Bill Barclay’s man-who-will-be-king continues right where it left off in “Part 1.” Thanks to Barclay’s multifaceted performance, we believe every step of Prince Hal’s transformation. Barclay looks as comfortable on the throne as he did during his frat-house shenanigans with Falstaff.”
“As Prince Harry, the always excellent Bill Barclay takes to heart Falstaff’s indecent tutelage, but over the course of the plays adds a Machiavellian twist, becoming increasingly cynical and power hungry – and thus more kingly. Barclay easily manages to convey both Harry the reckless and Harry the royal.”
“Barclay is charming, masterful with the poetry and clear in presenting Hal’s arch from a rebellious over-cocky gad-about to a young leader focused on honor and duty.”
“Barclay comes strongly into his own in “Part II,’’ especially during the reconciliation scene with Henry IV and during that chillingly inevitable moment when he repudiates Falstaff once and for all.”
“The most interesting of the lot is a fellow called the Bastard (a rollicking, driving turn by Bill Barclay)”
Complicated, bold, and charismatic, the Bastard is far more compelling than his uncle King John, and Barclay gives him all the energy and wit he needs to steal every scene he’s in.”
“Barclay transforms from rude and frolicsome youth and into lustful thrill-killer in a handful of heartbeats as he takes in Aaron’s exhortations to havoc – a slow, perverse grin creeps across his face, visually tracking his transformation from callow kid to remorseless predator.”
“Barclay displays exquisite comic timing.”
“Bill Barclay as the young composer shows his real life musical talent on the on-stage piano. The audience, meanwhile, was rolling in the aisles.”
- The Merchant of Stratford?! April 2, 2013
- American Theatre magazine discovers Shakespeare Aloud! March 10, 2013
- This is your Brain on Grants February 13, 2013
- Henry IV part 1 Act II, Scene 3 at The English Restaurant November 7, 2012
- Julius Caesar Act III, Scene 3 at the Folger Shakespeare Library November 7, 2012
- Homepage: ... [Trackback]... [...] Read More: shakespeareal...
- Kathaleen: ...Check this out... [...]Wow, fantastic weblog s...
- aspirateur: aspirateur... nice homepage......
- Barclayarts: Thank you Eric! So happy you were enthused by the...
- Barclayarts: Thank you so much, Melanie, I'm very touched by y...
acting Alps Bill Barclay Boston Boston Globe Brandeis Brooklyn Cambridge Christmas Edward III Henry IV Henry VI Henry VI part 1 Henry VI part 3 jamaica plain Julius Caesar Lake Cochituate Lenox Leukerbad LLL Midsummer Natick New York City Occupy Boston press Prospect Park Richard III Romeo & Juliet Rough Crossing shakespeare Shakespeare & Company Shakespeare Aloud sliders Starbucks Stratford-upon-Avon Switzerland Taming of the Shrew The Haven Titus Titus Andronicus Two Gentlemen of Verona Wall St Washington DC Wellesley William Shakespeare