My most recent piece, Five Sonnets to Orpheus, for string quartet, chromatic harmonica, and reader, has been performed several times by the Aurea Ensemble throughout 2010 and 2011. A recording is forthcoming and the score is available upon request.
I am also working on a full set of Shakespeare’s Songs (there are 51) with the requisite dances and some other incidental music critical to Shakespeare’s productions, for a volume to be published in 2013.
Copies of all scores are available upon request.
- For cast of 13, piano, percussion, guitars, double bass, and fiddle. Perfect for actors doubling as much of these and more (accordion, spoons, anvil, chains), etc.
- World Premiere performance on the Olney Theater Center mainstage in DC, 2009.
- National Tour (9 months and 48 states) through the National Players.
- Workshops at Boston University, University of Virginia, and the University of Kansas.
- For cast of 16 actors and a 16-member chamber orchestra.
- Conceived, composed, and World Premiere directed by Bill Barclay
- Script co-compilers and original actors: Logan-Ann Atkinson, Natalie Fryman, Caleb Mayo, Lynne Rosenberg, Gregory Srolestar
All’s Well That Ends Well – A musical score to accompany the play, sung by Lavache. Lyrics by Tina Packer and Shakespeare.
- 13 songs providing live folk/rock accompaniment to the play.
- All songs on the album Tongues and Bones
- For cast of 12 musical, singing actor/pirates.
- World Premiere, Shakespeare & Company 2008, directed by Michael Burnet and music directed by Bill Barclay
- Commissioned by Aurea Ensemble and performed several times since 2010
My work as a composer, sound designer and recording artist always continues.
Here are some samples for you to enjoy.
Entrance of Lear from King Lear
Dance of the Shepherds and Shepherdesses from Shakespeare & Company’s The Winter’s Tale
Woodworking Together, Opening Theme, PBS
Sonnet from The Hamlet Symphony (live recording). Mahagonny Ensemble, with Caleb Mayo (Hamlet), and Natalie Fryman (Ophelia)
The Murga Dance – From Orfeo Group’s Island of Slaves
1 Good in 10 16 bit – From Tongues and Bones (All’s Well That Ends Well, Shakespeare & Company). Text by Shakespeare.
Born Upon the Boarders – From Tongues and Bones (All’s Well That Ends Well, Shakespeare & Company). Lyrics by Tina Packer. Performed by Bill Barclay, Alex Sovronsky, Paulo Carminati, and Joelle Lurie.
Worldes blis ne last no throwe – From The Hollow Crown, sung by Kristin Wold and Bill Barclay
Breaking the Code Suite – Music from Central Square Theatre’s production of Breaking the Code. Cherry Kim, cello.
Hanging Fog – One of the long tracks from our recent Metal & Glass Ensemble album In Flight. Performers: Bill Barclay, Thadd Comstock, Matt Samolis
Antony & Cleopatra Suite II – Music from Shakespeare & Company’s hit production
Captain’s Doll Suite – String duet score to Wellfleet Harbor Actors’ Theatre production of The Captain’s Doll, Jeff Zinn, director.
St. Jacques’ Pilgrim – From Tongues and Bones (All’s Well That Ends Well, Shakespeare & Company). Text by Shakespeare.